Oct 13 , 2023
Coffee has long been a trusted friend for many due to its aromatic attraction and caffeine-infused appeal. When it comes to enjoying that cup of joe, timing is vital. The ideal time to drink coffee can vary depending on whether you want a morning energy boost, a pre-workout jolt, or an energising sip to unwind. In this exploration, we'll go into the art of timing your coffee consumption to maximise its flavour, benefits, and impact on your day.
The Science Behind Drinking Coffee In The Morning
For many people, benefits drinking coffee in the morning is a habit, and there's science behind why it's so popular. Caffeine is a natural stimulant that improves alertness and focus. It can help you get started in the morning by inhibiting adenosine, a neurotransmitter that causes drowsiness. Coffee also causes the release of dopamine, which improves mood and productivity.
How Long Should You Wake Up To Drink Coffee In The Morning?
To align your coffee consumption with your body's natural rhythms, wait at least 30 minutes after waking up.
This brief pause allows your cortisol levels to surge naturally, offering an initial energy boost without using coffee. It can also help you avoid developing a coffee tolerance, ensuring that your morning brew stays an effective and pleasurable ritual.
Why Should You Wait To Drink Coffee In The Morning?
DID YOU KNOW?
The optimal time to drink coffee is an hour after you get up, not first thing in the morning.
According to experts who released a modest but intriguing clinical trial, your body's production of cortisol is at one of its three daily peaks in the hour after you get up.
Here's a tip: wait about an hour after waking up before making your first cup of coffee. Why? Because your body is already at peak cortisol production during those early stages, adding caffeine can train your system to create less cortisol.
But the magic does not end there. When you need a second dose of coffee, attempt to avoid the cortisol surge hours, generally between noon and 1:00 p.m., then again between 5:50 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
The Best Time To Drink Coffee During The Day?
The best and most appropriate time to drink coffee is between 09:30 - 11:30 AM and 1:30- 04:30 PM.
- Mid to late morning: Mornings are optimal for maximising daytime productivity from mid to late in the day.
If you need an energy boost in the afternoon, give yourself at least 6 hours before night to allow caffeine to wear off.
This is when your body's natural cortisol levels begin to fall, and drinking coffee at this time can enhance alertness and productivity without interfering with your later-day sleep.
- Afternoon cutoff: To guarantee that caffeine does not interfere with your ability to fall asleep at night, avoid coffee in the late afternoon. Allow at least 6 hours between your last cup of coffee and bedtime for a comfortable night's sleep.
How Much Coffee Is Safe?
Coffee, that beloved elixir of morning vitality, has sparked debates about its safety limits. While there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how much coffee is safe, some key factors should be considered.
- Daily limits: Moderate coffee use (3-4 cups per day, producing around 400 mg of caffeine) is safe for most adults. This dose can improve alertness, mood, and cognitive performance while providing no harm.
- Timing matters: Be mindful of when you drink coffee. It is best to have it in the morning or early afternoon to avoid disrupting your sleep.
What Are The Cognitive Benefits Of Drinking Coffee In The Morning?
- The caffeine content in coffee can boost alertness and kickstart your day by encouraging wakefulness.
- Coffee can improve cognitive processes such as focus, concentration, and mental clarity, making it easier to complete activities.
- Mood Enhancement: Caffeine may provide mood-lifting effects, lowering the likelihood of depressed symptoms.
- Reduced Risk of Cognitive Decline: According to certain research, regular coffee consumption may be linked to a lower risk of cognitive decline and neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's.
- Evening coffee: proceed with caution
While coffee in the morning might be a welcome lift, drinking coffee in the evening requires mindful thinking. Caffeine, the main element in coffee, is a potent stimulant that can stay in your system for several hours. Coffee consumption in the evening might alter sleep patterns, making falling and staying asleep difficult. It can result in sleepless nights and drowsy mornings.
When Is The Best Time To Drink Coffee At Night?
If you want to consume coffee at night, the optimal time is roughly six hours before your scheduled bedtime. It gives your body adequate time to metabolise and remove most caffeine, lowering the risk of sleep disruption. However, because caffeine sensitivity differs from person to person, some people may still experience sleep problems even with this buffer.
When Is The Best Time To Drink Coffee?A. For a better workout?
If you want to improve your workout performance, timing your coffee consumption can make a big difference. A cup of coffee 30 to 60 minutes before your workout can be beneficial. Coffee contains caffeine, a natural stimulant that improves alertness, attention, and energy levels. This pre-workout supplement can help you push harder, last longer, and get more out of your workout. However, knowing your caffeine tolerance is critical to avoiding jitters or intestinal discomfort throughout your workout.B. To lose weight?
Coffee's thermogenic properties and appetite-suppressing effects may help in weight loss. Consider drinking black coffee in the morning or before a meal to help you lose weight. Caffeine may increase your metabolism and temporarily suppress your appetite, allowing you to consume fewer calories. Coffee can also deliver a slight energy boost, which may encourage physical activity.
Discover Our Levista Products For An Enhanced Coffee Experience
- Levista Strong Instant Coffee: Kickstart your mornings with a cup of Levista strong instant solid coffee. Indulge in perfect escape with our exquisite blend of 60% Coffee and 40% Chicory.
- Classic Pure Instant Coffee: Coffee made from the best Arabica and Robusta beans that have been expertly roasted and ground to perfection. With this 100g bottle of Levista classic Instant coffee jar, you can enjoy the authentic flavour of Coorg in every cup.
- Premium Instant Coffee: Every taste of Levista Premium Instant contains high-quality Arabica and Robusta coffee beans that have been carefully roasted and blended. Experience the flavour, aroma, freshness, and quality of traditional coffee beans with Levista's unusual combination of 80% coffee and 20% chicory.
- Filter Coffee: For a superb filter coffee brew, choose the 'Levista Filter Coffee', which comes in a 200g pouch. You can enjoy the authentic taste, peculiarity, and tradition of 'Coorg' in every drink.
Elevate Your Morning Experience With Levista
At Levista, we understand how important it is to start your day correctly. That's why we've carefully crafted our coffee products, delivering a rich and flavorful brew that enriches your morning habit. Our dedication to quality is evident in every cup, as we use only the best beans and ingredients to provide a genuinely remarkable coffee experience. Whether you enjoy the robust flavour of our essential blends or the refinement of our speciality offers, Levista is here to make your mornings a pleasure.
A cup of coffee is an excellent way to start your day for a morning pick-me-up and improved cognitive performance, with most people finding it most helpful roughly 30 minutes after waking up. If you enjoy working out, drinking coffee 30 to 60 minutes before your activity will help you perform better. Finally, moderation and listening to your body's signals are essential. So, whether you prefer the first light of day or a mid-morning caffeine dose, drink Levista coffee and allow it to enhance your day without interfering with your night's sleep.
Can I have coffee right away when I wake up?
It's recommended to wait around 30 minutes after you get up for your body's natural cortisol levels to peak before drinking your first cup.
Is it advisable to drink coffee before working out?
Drinking coffee 30-60 minutes before exercise can improve your performance and endurance.
Can I have coffee in the afternoon?
While it is feasible, avoiding coffee in the late afternoon is best to minimise any sleep disruptions.